high mag levels

dmurb

Non-member
I'm currently trying to rid a small bryopsis issue in my tank and wanted to know what the consequences of high mag levels can have on a reef tank. Currently my mag levels are at 2550. I know it is high but I want to know the I'll effects it can have. Do you think I need to do a water change and lower it some. I was aiming to have it around 2000 but it shot up to 2550. Will this be a safe level for a little while or do I need to lower a little. Thanks for the help in advance

Does anyone have any answers on this. I just don't want to wait to long if it's going to harm something. If it's fine this way then I will leave it to fight the bryopsis.

I did not test mine throughout the whole treatment but I know it was at least that high, if not more. I left it there for about three weeks or so before doing a WC. Some zoas faded a little but all my SPS and inverts were fine. Never lost a snail, crab or cucumber.

Thanks for the help everyone. Everything in the tank seems to be doing fine. So I'm going to hold off and leave the mag level where it is till the bryopsis is gone. If I notice the snails having a hard time I will take car of it. But again thanks for the help

None of my corals or other inverts showed any ill effects when I treated. I held Mag around 1800PPM. Only my chaeto showed any signs (browned out) but that could have just been a coincidence.

Back