Is it possible for mini cycle?

Rone

Non-member
Set up 130 gallon 10 days ago using 25% old water and 75% new. Checked levels last night and everything seems to be in check. I have had a couple damsels in there. Have a small diatoms issue but nothing more flow won't take care of. I used about 50lbs LR along with 40 lbs of dead sand and 2 lbs of LS.

On a newly setup tank? I would say DEFINITELY!

Been there, done that... if it truely is a mini cycle, it shouldn't be too bad. You will pull through it. Good luck buddy :)

Higor

Absolutely! I'm only four months in on my new tank and do not even consider it completely cycled to where you're experiencing new tank syndrome. I started with dry rock, live sand and added Dr. Tim's One and Only. I added a few green chromis after two weeks. Two months in I bought a pair of Black Snowflake clowns. I've been adding a frag every two weeks. Take it slow and good things will happen. Rush it...not so good.

Yes the LR was in old system. The pieces I could not fit in my 54 stayed in a bin with water heater and power head for 2 months.

I would say highly possible. 4 months ago I moved a 4 year old system to my house it only took 4 hours tops and the rock and sand stayed submerged during move. I never had any noticeable ammonia or nitrite on a api test kit but the livestock that came with the tank showed signs of stress. It had a very light biology. Everything pulled through and was thriving about 2 months after the move.

Back