is it worth buying the EcoTech Marine Vortech Battery Backup?

reef87

Non-member
the battery for mp40/10 cost around $165. is it worth buying it? how many time people get to use them?
thanks

I have 2 i have used twice in 3 years but whats to say your not home at work power goes out fish die and you come to that or you get it keep the water plenty with air fish alive and you can firgure out what to Do better be safe then sorry

I think people have used regular UPS for the same thing as well; I'm on my phone and hate browsing the Web on my phone, but Google that option too -- might be a bit cheaper with option to run other things as well.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

The difference between computer UPS and Ecotech battery is:
1. Ecotech battery last longer despite it has generally smaller capacity than similarly priced UPS. That is due to UPS convert DC power back to AC to power an AC device.
2. UPS can power other AC pumps as well such as return pumps.

The best way is to use a deep charge marine batter with an convertor for backup.

The difference between computer UPS and Ecotech battery is:
1. Ecotech battery last longer despite it has generally smaller capacity than similarly priced UPS. That is due to UPS convert DC power back to AC to power an AC device.
2. UPS can power other AC pumps as well such as return pumps.

The best way is to use a deep charge marine batter with an convertor for backup.
Good to know! :) thank you

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I thaught I should mention that the battery lasts for 5 years. I bought a cheap one used that I knew the battery was dead/dying and replaced the battery for $30.

If you want to get a UPS, get the APC model, the Cyber Power is not very well build.

Back