Just got my Apex controller - I am psyched

Moe_K

Stabbed by Foulke
Got my Apex today.
Still haven't set it up. Watching video.

Going to nerd out this weekend if the kids don't bother me too much.
Might have to wait until they go to bed. :cool:

Got an Apex? Do you love it? Hate it?
Any pointers for this noob?

I will let you know when I break the seal on the box. I purchased on with a bunch of points I have from one of our sponsors. The unit has been sitting on the dinning room table for the past two months.

By the time I get to using it you will be the pro and go to guy for me to pick your brains.

I had an Apex Jr. on my last setup and loved it! With gift certs I had I just bought another one for my current system. Haven't set it up yet due to other things going on.

My original Apex Jr. system had the following:

- Apex Jr. module w/temp probe
- VDM
- EB8
- PM1 module w/ another temp probe
- Breakout box

I had it running my 120G DT in my office, the 100G stock tank sump in the basement, 40G breeder and 29G QT tank also in the basement. It handled alternating the power-heads, turning on/off the heaters and lights, ramping up/down the LED lights via the VDM, and running my homemade/DIY auto-top off.

Best money I ever spent running the system.

I love mine I use it to control lights for 5 tanks pumps heaters calcium reactor
just ordered a eb8 for it i ran out of outlets fast
the best tip I can give you is to make sure you back up your settings every time you make a change

for sure, backing it up is most important thing. I have a full apex, 7 EB8's 3 PM2's, 3 PM1's. I had a controller go bad. didn't back it up. Took me days to reprogram everything. Talk about a nightmare.

I believe that it is the most feature rich and prolific controller on the market. Also, I have had at times troubles, either programming or just understanding how to get something accomplished and Neptune support is excellent. The community is also great when it comes to solving an issue. Many programming examples and code out there available.

I actually live in Saudi Arabia and will be here for the next 5 years. I traveled extensively before that and my Apex (and previous ACIII) allows me to access them across the internet and get alarm based emails/SMS and timed emails/SMS. This piece of equipment is great. If I had one critique, it would be that the built in web pages are not the best. They are getting better, but could certainly be easier and more intuitive to navigate.

Back