Just got my RODI in and im having trouble setting it up

JTM4UG

REEFER
BRS Member
the instructions are the worst ever....anyone know a site with pictures that can help

ya im tapping into the cold water line with a pin valve. Im not very handy with stuff like that so I hope I can figure it out

What trouble are you having?

IIRC with those valves, you just attach the bracket around the pipe, then tighten the pin thing and it taps into the pipe on it's own.

well i have it hooked up now, why is there 2 tubes that the water comes from(other than waste)? Also how can I shut the entire system down?

there should be 1 line in from your cold water supply

there should be one line out of your RODI

there should be a waste line.

that should be it, unless you have an RO only line as well.

As far as a shutoff, I plumbed one into my supply line.

A picture may help, as well as what kind of (model and manufacturer) unit you bought.

the diagram that came with it says
1)to/from water storage tank(follow)
2)pure water outlet to faucet line(follow)
should I clamp one or something, it didnt come with the storage tank and I just want to be able to fill a 5g bucket at a time and shut it off afterwards

usually, drinking water is RO, not RODI.

who makes the unit?

a picture would really help.....

the pic of just the two of them is the outputs

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 105
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 101
Bought the same filter off ebay about 2 months ago. I also had problems setting it up. I decided to just go to home depot and buy (or piece together) an adapter to fit my faucet. Worked for a while until water started leaking out of my make shift adapter. Then went back to their site and ordered an adapter for $10 w/ shipping.

Back