Just looked inside my mixing station...

Could be bacterial. I had a huge boost in bacteria in my 20 gallon. Not a typical bloom where it fogs the water, but it would completely clog my filters in a matter of hours causing the water level to rise in my AIO. The slime would cover my rocks and bother some corals. I have mainly softies and LPS though so maybe the movement kept them cleanish.

I battled it for like 60mo. Finally, I did a deep clean of my rocks and sand with a baster and then dosed MB7 every day for 2 weeks like as if I were starting fresh. Life has been back to normal since.
60mo.... I thought I had it bad with 6 months
Sounds good. I would recommend Waste Away given the situation that you are in, people say that the bacteria composition is unmatched in Waste Away compared to any other products, MB7 is also a very good suggestion too. Waste Away worked on my Dianos, so made me a believer. If I were give bacteria a try then I would do Waste Away first for 7-10 days, give tank a couple days of break and then start adding MB7, Refresh or One and Only. You will have to keep UV off though (at least for 4-5 hours) while you are trying to establish bacteria population, otherwise UV will indiscriminately kill good, bad and ugly. If you want to try out UV first then hold off until you start adding any of these bacteria cultures.

Good luck!
Yea I only used re fresh because I had a bottle sitting around (I actually think I won it at our last in person meeting..) I think I am going to go the uv route first then maybe add some bacteria down the road if things start to clear up. Honestly not sure if its dinos, but I am thinking it is something bacteria related.

Agree, doubt they are related. Everyone has brown junk in the bottom of their mixing barrel. Have you touched it? Is it hard (mineral) or soft (biologic)? Much of mine is soft, seems to be some film algae that comes right off with a paper towel.

And I'm pretty sure Dr. Tim just bottles horse piss and sells it six different ways.
Not sure if its hard or soft. Can't actually reach my arm down that far. Probably why its never been cleaned!

Back