Live Rock - Live Aquaria or Marine Depot

BlackSmith

Non-member
So I went to Live Aquaria today to order their Premium Fiji Live Rock that has been on sale and don't you know it's out of stock. . So I can wait, I can order their regular Fiji live rock, or I can order live rock from Marine Depot. I'm pisst about L.A.'s rocks being out of stock but I'm at the end of my patience after 6 months of set up. I am leaning towards regular Fiji rock from L.A. I am asking for opinions\reviews on Fiji live rock from Live Aquaria or Marine Depot. Please and thanks.

I ordered from live aquaria maybe 6 weeks ago. It was nothing special. You can probably get good live rock from a BRS member selling for cheaper.

I love premium Fiji rock. No matter the source as long as they're fiji. The shape and form is really nice.

What about getting clean live rock from LFS? I used dry rock from Marco and BRS and seeded with live rock from Unique Aquaria, Oceans in Glass, and Aqua Addicts

What about getting clean live rock from LFS? I used dry rock from Marco and BRS and seeded with live rock from Unique Aquaria, Oceans in Glass, and Aqua Addicts

I am going to have a DSB and I want quality live rock. I looked at prices at 2 LFS and it was more cost efficient to order online from LA or MD.

I am going to have a DSB and I want quality live rock. I looked at prices at 2 LFS and it was more cost efficient to order online from LA or MD.

Prices on LR vary a lot between LFSs. Some can quite competitive, some rediculous.

Just a thought - quality dry rock is a hell of a lot cheaper and looks awesome....you can buy a DSB detritivore charge kit from inland aquatics that will seed your DSB and perhaps allow you to use dry rock and save $$$$$$$$$$ then maybe also buy 1 sweet over priced piece as well from a LFS to throw in and between the overpriced piece and the detritivore kit you are golden

Get live rock that is cured and shipped overnight. All other live rock that has spent weeks in a box on a ship is a waste of money.

Just a thought - quality dry rock is a hell of a lot cheaper and looks awesome....you can buy a DSB detritivore charge kit from inland aquatics that will seed your DSB and perhaps allow you to use dry rock and save $$$$$$$$$$ then maybe also buy 1 sweet over priced piece as well from a LFS to throw in and between the overpriced piece and the detritivore kit you are golden

I will most likely get live rock online, and then supplement with dry rock from LFS so I can have at least 60lbs for my 60g cube.

I bought the monado rock from premium aquatics......it was cured and shipped overnight to logan. Came in awesome and was prefect in the tank.

Best dry rock I have seen is Bulk Reef Pukani Dry. I used a mix of half Marco and half mix of Pukani and dry Fiji from BRS. Then seeded with rock from my old tank and a few pieces of LFS cured live rock. OIG had best prices, AA had best selection, UA had best "show" pieces. All were nice and clean. I got a few show pieces and some base rock that I threw in the sump.

I have about 125 lbs in the tank and 100lbs in sump. If I bought that all as "live" rock I would be bankrupt.

Back