Looking for a good Clean up crew? near sudbury?

qazplm25

Non-member
Hey eveyone!
i need a cleanup crew for my 10g tank. click the signature to see how old it is.
Its full of algae and i havent added anything since the tank was started after liverock on day 1.
i was gonna purchase from the aquarium gallery except that it was in nashua NH. which is really far.
so does any1 have any?

Tropic isle in framingham will have sails exct but it not the best prices
All things fishy in marlboro may have some clean up critters in stock

Skiptons in boston is the closest place that I would overall reccomend
Aquarium gallery is totally worth the drive. Also Aquaaddcits in salem Nh (I go to both stores when I make the drive up north, they're about 15 min apart if you take rt 111)

CRA in seekonk is also totally worth the drive, but it's even farther, about 60-65 min.

i will go to tropic isle tommorow, unless you guys have any other recomendations
How far away is skiptons? if it is close maybe i will go, because i have also heard it is great!

The drive to skiptons isn't bad at all. (IMO deninately go to skiptons over TI)

Take the pike to 93S. Merge on and cut all the way left as quick as you can, take the first exit you come to (18 I think but not sure). bear right then get in the left lane. go to the first light and take a left, turn into the macdonald's parking lot and cut across through the gas station. Go left and skiptons is right there on the right just after the car wash.

It's only 35-40 min if you don't run into traffic.

All things fishy closed today, or in general?

The Fish Nook in Acton has clean up crew - scarlet and blue leg crabs and Turbo Snails. They have other crabs and snails as well.

yup!
now i have choosen to go to fish nook, check it out. i have never been there before.
just so i get this right:
about 5 snails and 1-2 hermit crabs right?
and no shrimp yet?

update:
i went to the fish nook(had some trouble getting there) but it was a pretty cool place. besides the employess but no offense to any fish store workers.
99% of fish store employees either have many peircings, really long hair, or tattoos.

I ended up purchasing 2 bluelegged hermit crabs, and 5 turbo snails.
the guy just plunged his hand in, snatched the snails all at once. plopped them in plastic container, then poured them into the bag i recieved.
but now the hermits are coming out of their shell but i have not seen the snails move yet.
right now the bags are just floating in the tank, should i drip acclimate, or what. any ideas?

i put them in last night and heres what happened:
the blue legged hermits were running around and climbing the live rock, while the snails were all attached to eachother on the bottom.

and now:
the hermit crabs are still great and the snails are all attached on the glass.
its great!

Back