Looking for cheap price on x10 modules

agent6473

Non-member
Hey all,
I'm looking for a bunch of the X10 modules to work with an aquacontroller. Anyone know a place to get a good price on these? I think Greg posted once that he was getting them for around 10 bucks somewhere...

Chris

Yup, I think it was the place that Mike posted above where I used to get them cheap. They don't work well in my house so I might be getting rid of some of mine soon.

They don't work well in my house

Same here Greg. If you own electronic ballasts, they will interfere with the x-10 controllers. There might be some hardware available these days to remedy the interference now. I ended up ditching the controller and going with simple timers.

There are a couple problems with electronic ballasts.

You have seen noise generated by the ballast, this could be resolved with a plugin filter. Plug the ballast into the filter and the fitler into the x10 module.

Also when some ballasts are turned off they are immediatly turned on again. You can fix the issue with electronic ballasts by putting a splitter on the X10 module, plug a night light and the ballast into the module. The electric surge given off when the ballast is turned off will travel to the path of least resistance and light the night light. I think that was mentioned in one of the links I have posted.

-nick

Back