Lyretail anthias behavior concern.

JhonQ

Non-member
Hello every one... I have a little concern regarding my lyretail anthias recent behavior... It use to be a very active swimmer... But in the last couple of days it's just kind off lying on some of the rock or sand bed.then it swims a little bit and goes back to lying around.. It is eating normally and all the other fish seem to be doing fine... Any suggestions are welcome... I'm worried I'm going to loose her...

That's pretty normal. I have three and they spend a lot of time sitting in/on the rocks and sand. Unless it skips meal time I would not be concerned.

Make sure its not shaking its head or doing a crazy twitching dance like its dying. If it does then it has flukes. Flukes are very common in anthias and you cant see them unless you do a fresh water dip on the fish.
If it does die, knock on wood that it doesn't, but if it does, do a fresh water dip on the body and if you see any clear sesame seed looking things fall off then make sure to treat the tank with prazi pro. I hope thats not the case, but its common and fish with flukes will act like that and hide alot more then usual, as well as twitch and shake thier heads and scrape on things. Eventually they stop eating and hide away to die. Its not pretty, and unfortunately most people never even know they had them. Good luck, hope its not that serious.

one thing...they do like to eat.... u never did say how long u have had it.......how is the belly on it? fat? cause if it is healthy they will b fat....as far as flukes...If they have them the gills will b inflamed & red...u won't neccesarily see them but they usually have a rapid breathing pattern as well...

I've had her for abt 2 months... Her belly seems fat but this morning one side of her face is kind of redish and she seems to be hiding a lot not really swimming but she ate fine last night...should I take her out before the rest of the rank tank get infected....

Back