Mature 10 gallon

Jungle_v_i_p

BRS Member
put this little guy together in August of 2020. Not what it used to be but it is what it is. Lost a bunch of zoas, couple Sps, and a mature green birds nest. That’s what happens in New England and make water in your basement. Then don’t pay attention the heater isn’t plugged in during winter and do a water change. Oops.
IMG_0372.jpeg
IMG_0131.jpeg

Tank: standard 10 gallon rimless aqueon
Light: hipagero
Filter: tunze comline 3160 with blue pad only
Power head: hydor koralia 240
Heater: cobalt 50 watt
Additional equipment: smart ato lite
Sand: Oolite 0-2” depending on where clowns put it
Fish: (1) royal gramma, (2) black OC
Inverts: (1) red tip hermit, (2) astrea snails
Coral: candy cane clove polyps, green monti plate, Forrest fire monti, red mushrooms, green sinularia or nepthea (unsure)

RIP: green birds nest, red dragon acro, unknown Sps (was brown when purchased. Blueish green with purple tips when killed), Rastas, cbz, blondies, fruit loops, candy apple reds, purple monsters, and some other zoas I can’t remember

Pic from before the kill off
IMG_8765.jpeg

68279751777__BE3767E5-CEE8-411E-9573-8D118BBFCDE3.jpeg

Last edited:
The color combination is popping! Which model of led is that? Thanks

The color combination is popping! Which model of led is that?
It’s just the cheap hipagaro. Just another Chinese black box. Picked it up off amazon in 2020 for $65 I believe. There is a guy that did a multi video series on a 10 gallon tank he did for $149. A bunch of people have used it with success. Just off/on no ramp up or down. Not sure if the model operates the same now but you can use 9-10 different settings of strength with the white and blue lights separately.

It’s just the cheap hipagaro. Just another Chinese black box. Picked it up off amazon in 2020 for $65 I believe. There is a guy that did a multi video series on a 10 gallon tank he did for $149. A bunch of people have used it with success. Just off/on no ramp up or down. Not sure if the model operates the same now but you can use 9-10 different settings of strength with the white and blue lights separately.
Inappropriate Reefer? I switched to that light on my 10 gal office tank after seeing his 10 gal build worked great and was cheep. I would love to start another one.

Attachments

• IMG-2394.JPG
    IMG-2394.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-2373.JPG
    IMG-2373.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 31
Back