MAXSPECT GYRE XF150 or VORTECH MP40W

underh2o2long

Non-member
I just sold my 75RR and in the process of setting up my 120RR. I have an older version MP40W which has worked well for water movement. I am thinking of either buying another mp40 for the bigger tank or buying one X150 to replace what I have now. Anyone using the maxspect or had mp40's and switched?

Any suggestion? Opinions? Pros, Cons? :confused:

Appericate any feedback. Thanks! :D

David

Last edited:
They are both great flow pumps , while I like my gyre's they lack the controlability as yet an MP 40 has . the Gyre's had issues with cords splitting but I am assured by coralvue that has been solved I have had the MP 40's as well and I traded up to the Gyre . The vortechs only drawback I can see is the need to clean them often . same with any pump I guess you can get away with 1 Gyre in a 129 . or even keep the MP you have and use it to hit some spot a little more . or get another either way both great options

I had the gyre cord splitting issue. They mailed me the new cord and silencer mounts for free. The new cord is much thicker, and should come with all new units. The gyre is now quieter than the MP quiet drives because you never run into glass coupling issues. The best value is to get the new Jebao pumps. They are around $50 and can make a tone of flow. You can sync them wirelessly or use a apex.

I love my Gyre, replaced 3 pumps for this, moves a lot of water, easy to care for, best item I bought this year. It has been in my tank since they released it with no problems. I have the 130 on my 120.

I love my Gyre, replaced 3 pumps for this, moves a lot of water, easy to care for, best item I bought this year. It has been in my tank since they released it with no problems. I have the 130 on my 120.

Did you find the 130 to be enough or should I get the 150? I also have a 120RR
Thanks

Back