Most Reef Safe Dwarf Angel

Briko03

Non-member
I am a big fan of the Dwarf Angel Fish and I am looking to get one for my reef tank. I know it is mostly hit or miss as far as the angel fish and having them nibble at corals. I was wondering if everyone could weigh in on which one they have had the most luck with?

My guess is the Coral Beauty??

I have one to she a bit of a bully with my clowns(she's bigger than the clowns) but other then that a great member too the tank.

has the potential to be such a dangerous question :D

I had tremendous luck with a Potters Angel in an old tank years back. Also had good luck more recently with a flame angel.

I've heard stories about seemingly reef-safe angels suddenly turning demonic after big changes in the tank (rearranging the rock work, adding new fish, etc.) So if the angel you get works out...

As far as the dwarf angels go I've "tried" the mighty flame angel with much success. When I was a kid when all this was "new" I remember reading an article of reports from aquarists having their dwarf angels all of a sudden start nipping at corals of their choice after being what we considered model citizens after being captivated for x amounts of years (5 plus coming to the top of my mind).

I have had a flame angel in my mixed reef (acans, zoas/palys, leathers, SPS, etc) for about a month or so now and have had no problems with him eating my corals in my 95g tank.

Back