Mushroom moving question

cnw4127

Non-member
Hi All,

Relative reef baby here, only been going for 9 months. I have a red mushroom that recently moved off of it's frag plug and into a crevice between 2 pieces of rock. It seemed pretty happy there for the past few weeks. Today I noticed that it had come out of the crevice and fallen down to the sand bed, leaving behind what looked like a footing in the crevice. It now looks kind of curled up. I want to move it back to the rock, but wasn't sure if that would hurt it or if I should just leave it alone.

Thanks,
Brian

mushrooms are pretty indestructible, if it fell naturally caused by flow it is not hurt. You should be alright moving it. Tho you will lose it eventually if it does not get a good hold where you put it.. I speak from experience just lost two yumas to a deep dark cave I cant really access without ripping apart rock work cause I did not mount them to anything.
I suggest gluing to a piece of rock rubble.

Welcome to the hobby! I see you just signed up to the forum! Post a build thread of your tank so we can all watch it grow!

I wouldn't glue a mushroom to anything. Put the mushroom on small piece of rock and use a small rubber band to hold it in place

Back