My 1st Yuma propagation attempt

luu78

BRS Member
Hi everyone...Im officially hooked on Ricordea Yumas and have decent luck with them lately so I decided to cut one down the middle of the mouth this morning and wait for the healing/separation to begin within a couple weeks. Anyone sucessfully done this method or have other alternatives please share your experience and intuition. Thanks Ben

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

i put a plastic pvc pipe or cup . cut top off place over them and feed pelets mysis etc with baster or pipet and watch the multiple. there foot will begin to strech and drag and leave a snail trail of babies for the yumma .the recordia takes longer to multiple they need to grow annother eye before it will seperate . yummas multiple in my tank like crazy this has been working for me for awhile

Im amazed at how much they can eat too...

Look at this...

72d2a571192389ed7a1ce433d3e8a893.jpg

This is the actual specimen that I spliced in half this morning due to his rapid feeding response compared to my other Yumas

So you just cut it down the mouth not totally in half? Any updates on whether it split or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's still recovering and seems to be splitting. Can't confirm 2 separate mouths yet. It was a very clean cut with a razor blade. I will get a picture of it tonight. In the mean time, I'm always looking for other Yumas so if anyone have extras to sell or trade please PM me.

Has it split yet? I know a friend of mine said cut them straight through all the way. I want to know how long cutting the mouth takes to split.

Seems to heal back instead. Shroom seems elongated and not round. The mouth is still closing up partially and never seen open like other shrooms. We will see

Back