My Vortech MP40 stopped working...need help to pin point what failed

pvh

Non-member
I can't tell if it's the dry side (motor) or the controller box that failed. Anyone know how to determine which went bad?

if you have a multimeter you can at least check if the power supply is still producing 24v, are the lights still on? stupid question

Peter, I have a full spare working MP40w if you need to try parts to swap, including a brand new power supply.

If you need to send yours out for repair and need the flow, LMK.

FWIW, I have had 2 power supplies fail, but one was MY fault (salt creep water got in it)

I would go strait to them with that power head I believe they have a lifetime warranty on them and they will repair it for free or a fraction of the cost of the powerhead

I would go strait to them with that power head I believe they have a lifetime warranty on them and they will repair it for free or a fraction of the cost of the powerhead

I called them and they said if I send them the unit they can find what's wrong with it, of course they will charge me to debug it. I got it used so no recept.

1 year warranty. that fraction might not be as small as you think, either. Like half.

Thanks jay for clearing that up for me. However that fractiion may be half but would you rather pay half for the new one or full price? And you have a year on the new 1

Back