Nano Cube 28-gallon CF-QUAD

Sorry for double posting.

This will be my first reef setup. The reason I was think this unit is because the room that the tank is going into has to draw backs. First it gets warm in the mid-summer months and the breaker that powers the room is small. I am sure that a halide will cause problems.

Sorry for double posting.

This will be my first reef setup. The reason I was think this unit is because the room that the tank is going into has to draw backs. First it gets warm in the mid-summer months and the breaker that powers the room is small. I am sure that a halide will cause problems.
if u need some help let me know im in cumberland 2 can get u going with water sand coral any of the above

I think a T5 equipped Solana or Aquapod would be a better choice. You won't find too many fans of power compacts on this forum for two reasons: the lamp designs prevent efficient reflection of light into the aquarium and they produce prodigious amounts of heat.

All of the power compact fixtures I've used generate way more heat than a MH. Plus, having a closed canopy is going to make cooling very difficult because you're limiting the amount of surface area available for heat exchange and evaporative cooling. I currently have a 24 gallon Aquapod with MH lighting and my 5,000 BTU air conditioner (running only when the room temp exceeds 73 degrees) is more than adequate to keep it at 77 degrees.

Sorry for the rant, but one final thing...Far too often reefers fall for the misinformation that watts equals light output in lumens. For instance, a MH lamp of the same wattage will produce more lumens than either a CF or normal output fluorescent.

wow i didnt know they had the 28G with the PC lights now.

i would get the MH version for a little more money. or get a 24G and retrofit a MH in it like i did. then you can use the stock lighting setup for actinics.

actually, if i was going to do it again, i would have bought a Solana

I have the JBJ 28g HQI in my work office. Great little tank, but you do need to replace the stock skimmer. I remember some sites were including a small chiller with the tank. Check out NanoTuners.com.

I also just replaced the stock MH Bulb with a Radium. I wish I had done that sooner.

I think a T5 equipped Solana or Aquapod would be a better choice. You won't find too many fans of power compacts on this forum for two reasons: the lamp designs prevent efficient reflection of light into the aquarium and they produce prodigious amounts of heat.

Sorry for the rant, but one final thing...Far too often reefers fall for the misinformation that watts equals light output in lumens. For instance, a MH lamp of the same wattage will produce more lumens than either a CF or normal output fluorescent.

Perfectly said... Especially the last paragraph. You'd be much better off getting a MH or T5 equiped nano... I'd lean towards the T5's but I'm a bit partial :rolleyes:

Back