Need a couple heat packs for shipping... where can i find them that is NOT online???

Why not just use the hand or foot warmers that you can buy at any outdoor store or CVS. I've used those in the past and work just fine.

Why not just use the hand or foot warmers that you can buy at any outdoor store or CVS. I've used those in the past and work just fine.

thats the kind of stuff i was looking for! thanks... CVS... most likely i would thnk they have them at walmart too... i thought of it, jus didnt know if they would have them this time of year... and im not sure there is any outdoor stores near me... ill look into it :)

and of course, ill take any more suggestions that i can get as well :)

i am thinking a pack of zoas overnite to wherever, and these should work jus fine, though im sure they are not good for more than 8 hours or so... they should be good i would think... i know the ones from Uline will last up to a day i think, but i dont wana go that route if i dont have to...

i am thinning out my zoa collection as some i jus dont want anymore, and perhaps the two chalices i have... i am gonna try to sell them elsewhere... i would love to sell them here, but i really wana keep it an "all in one" shot kind of thing, and i am jus dont think ill get what i want for it all here unfortunately... (since someone pm'd me to ask) but maybe ill give it a shot, im not sure yet...

Last edited:
Those hand warmers get way too hot. If the night time temps are staying above 60, no heat pack should be needed. I know Skiptons had some when I needed one quick. Maybe try calling around...

Those hand warmers get way too hot. If the night time temps are staying above 60, no heat pack should be needed. I know Skiptons had some when I needed one quick. Maybe try calling around...

thats something else i was thinking as well... they are not made for shipping... nor are they made to last long enough... but they COULD work perhaps... i really would rather not even use one, and i agree, as long as it doesnt get too cold, it shouldnt be an issue... when i shipped stuff back in May, i didnt use them at all, and had no bad feedback or reported problems... and after all they are zoas which are pretty darn hardy and will jus close up anyhow... sps, i would never ship regardless, only cuz i choose not too, as i know it can be done obviously... its one reason i am doing this now and i dont wana wait too long to get rid of this coral pack...

also, I live in CT, Skiptons is a bit out of the way for a heat pack or anything for that matter, and i dont use LFS's at all, as personally jus i dont care for them... and i doubt any LFS around here have any anyhow... its jus a hunch as they dont seem to carry and special items for such things... but thank you for your feedback too!

Last edited:
Skiptons is a world away from us bro.lol
I've been to a LFS in Springfield and have never been to Skiptons.

I think those styrofoam peanuts for packing would make an excellent insulation as well as protect the shipment.

I think overheating is a bigger concern than the water getting too cold,
if you have a shipping window you can pick the day that best suits the delivery (say cloudy and 75 degrees)
I dont think temp would be an issue. You could also ship with a bit more water to help keep things stable....

If you decide to go the way of hand warmers, I would get a cooler, place a quart of water in it, activate the handwarmers and monitor the temp over night in your home............this would be a fun experiment!

I think overheating is a bigger concern than the water getting too cold...

If you decide to go the way of hand warmers, I would get a cooler, place a quart of water in it, activate the handwarmers and monitor the temp over night in your home............this would be a fun experiment!

also agree with both of these statements as well :)

I guess it also depends on what the weather is going to be like...If the shipping truck is super hot, I guess the water may heat a little but nothing extreme especially with your Uline box:)

Back