Need advice on water flow!

rmleal

Non-member
I have a 75G RR and i wanted to add more flow what power heads should i get for some great flow. i have now a seio 620 and i want something reliable and no suction cups i hate those things. please help me out.

suction cups are awful. Just stick things to cleaner magnets.

The maximod is a pretty cheap/easy DIY if you're handy. If not, the reefdom ones are nice.

For the price of the kits i can get a seio 1500 so what is the differnce. also how would you attatch the powerhead to the magnet.

kool thanks on the magnet never though about that. but on those ph how much flow does it creat with the mod with a m1200

It creates more flow than a SEIO 1500 and uses a lot less electricity. Plus I imagine the maximods run a lot cooler than the Seio 1500. When I added my Seio 1500 it raised the tank temp 2 degrees. Do a search on RC they talk about maximod 1200 flow rates there a lot.

It creates more flow than a SEIO 1500 and uses a lot less electricity. Plus I imagine the maximods run a lot cooler than the Seio 1500. When I added my Seio 1500 it raised the tank temp 2 degrees. Do a search on RC they talk about maximod 1200 flow rates there a lot.

In submersible pumps, electricity=heat, so a pump that uses less electricity always runs cooler.

A maxi1200 running a Dumaas 3004 will push roughly 2500 gph at around 12-15 watts, a maxi900 running an octura 1435 will do roughly 1700gph at around 7 watts.

You can do the mod yourself for <$15 for each powerhead. As to magnet mounts, I have cheap magnet cleaners from petco, and I just glued the bracket from the pump to the magnet.

If you really want nice brackets, order the Swivel Brackets that the SEIO uses, and glue those to a cleaner magnet.

Ya a modified MJ1200 is hands down better than a Seio 1500. I've had both and the MJ is on par with the Tunze IMO. I did the DIY version from mjmods.com $25 a piece w/o the MJ.

Zack

Thanks alot everyone i heard about it but never seen it untill i searched today for some videos wow what flow comes out of these things. great help would be some lins to sites that sell the mods and ph cheap so i dont have to empy my pocket. thanks again for the help guys i love this site.

Back