Need Help: Clown Fish Acting Funny

x22hockey

MAJOR REEF HEAD
BRS Member
ok i have a single clown fish she is very young and beautiful.
IMG_1086.jpg

this is a pic of her from yesterday.

ok so she always eats if i put food in, she swims constantly but when i came home today and looked into my tank she was just sitting on a rock, i tried to feed her to see if she was just being funny (no pun intended.) so i need help she was on the rock and she wouldn't eat. ill be very sad if she dies please help

Sounds like ich or brookynella... hope that it's ich. I've never had to deal with it myself, but here's a thread at RC that should be helpful:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=87

The Fish Disease Treatment forum there should be helpful. Hopefully it's not brookynella, that can kill in just a couple of days. Ich is easier to treat. Generally the treatment is hyposalinity and antibiotics, feed with food soaked in garlic, selcon or both. Good luck, hopefully someone else here with more experience can step in.

Do you have a small tank to use as a treatment tank? A 10G or smaller would be ok. If it were my clown I would set up a tank at about 1.010SG, move the clown with as little stress as possible (use a cup, not a net, a net can scratch their eyes) into the tank, and give it a formalin dip in a bucket, repeat the formalin dip a couple of days later if necessary. The dip should be 30 to 60 minutes, remove the fish immediately if it looks distressed. Wear gloves when dealing with formalin (it's essentially formaldehyde), run an air pump in the bucket and keep the water below 82 to ensure enough oxygen is present (per Steven Pro's article on RC Mag). Keep the fish in the treatment tank for a few weeks, then gradually bring the SG up to match the tank over a few days. I'm not sure where you're located, but your LFS should have both small tanks (10G = $15) and formalin ($10?) for the treatment. Granted, all of this advice is in case it's ich... I don't know how to tell the difference between ich and brookynella. Anyone else?

well now we have a problem she looks great his morning and her face is back to the normal orange that is was a.k.a. the picture above, maby she does that every night idk ill just keep a close eye on here and we will see

Back