New Addition!

madducks42

Resident Nihilist
BRS Member
This little guy arrived today! We knew this was one fish we really wanted to have so I started boosting the copepod population in the tank over the last couple of months. I can't see any of them but we should have a good copepod population in the tank. Ordered this little guy from LiveAquaria because I couldn't find any LFS that had captive-bred ones and that was something we wanted to increase the chances of it eating frozen food. This guy seems to be settling in quickly and ate some frozen mess shrimp today and has been pecking around on the rocks and sand so hopefully it's finding copepods to munch on.

SO TINY! It's kind of terrifying. I keep hovering by the tank checking on the little guy.

Good luck! I had an XL large on from the Fish Nook before. But I woke up in the morning and it’s tail was all shredded and it was dead. Not sure if it lost to the powerhead or got bullied by my other fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found small size mandarin has better chance of survival.
My current big fat one came in as tiny as a quarter, from Liveaquaria. That was 4 may be 5 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried two or three over the years, last one I had for a year or so the only successful one for me would eat almost any food placed in the tank, he jumped found him on the floor.

Jim

have one who wont take frozen got very thin but I started feeding white and glindal worms and he's looking much better and more active buying copepods can get pretty expensive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back