New Fluval Edge Light Questions

Shawnburg

Non-member
I just got the new 6 gallon Fluval Edge with the 21 Led light. I'm wondering if anyone has one also and what the Led output is and what kinds of corals it would be able to suport? I would like to get a Chalice and maybe a small brain.

Any info would be great!!

Thanks!!

Does it say how many watts each LED is? That's going to make a big difference as to how much light output you're actually getting. Also, I get the feeling you're not going to be satisfied with the color temperature. The lights have a 7600k color temp according to specs. Most people that use this tank end up doing some mods to the lighting and putting in their own DIY LED setup. I was looking at getting one briefly, and they had one up and running saltwater at petco. The lights didn't look all that bright (wouldn't be able to support much more than mushrooms or softies IMO), and they were definitely too warm a hue for my liking, so I decided to keep looking.

Does it say how many watts each LED is? That's going to make a big difference as to how much light output you're actually getting. Also, I get the feeling you're not going to be satisfied with the color temperature. The lights have a 7600k color temp according to specs. Most people that use this tank end up doing some mods to the lighting and putting in their own DIY LED setup. I was looking at getting one briefly, and they had one up and running saltwater at petco. The lights didn't look all that bright (wouldn't be able to support much more than mushrooms or softies IMO), and they were definitely too warm a hue for my liking, so I decided to keep looking.

Thanks

Back