New Radion light and programming

Bobbofin

Non-member
Just got my new Radion LED fixture. Played with it until 3am the first night I had it. The programming via the computer is sweet.
Once it gets to a set point it slowly ramps to the next set point. It changes so slowly that you won't see the change unless you wait 30-45 minutes and compare. Thunder storms are impressive. Photo is of 10k at 50%. Gonna ramp up slowly. Don't think I'll ever get to 100%, maybe 65%, I don't want to fry my corals.

Attachments

• programming.jpg
    programming.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 567
  • new light.jpg
    new light.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 702
Sweet I think I'll have to play around with it some more looks like a sweet program

I started at 40% and did 5% or less increase every week and they are currently at 75%. I saw a considerable growth increase in SPS at 70%. Pretty sure I'll be topping out at 80%

From what I've seen, one by itself may be a dim on the sides, but you could try one and use PAR bulbs on the sides, or something to supplement.

Congrats Bobbofin, really cool light, I'm also a bit jealous; what's that, +4 or 5? I lost track ;)

Congrats bobbofin looks good. Do those have moon lights? I notice at the start of the time you have your blues at %15 are those the moonlight effect?

have you updated the software? a new release came out a couple days ago

Yup, I upgraded. Not impressed with natural mode, too white for me. May be better if I increased depth to 30' or more. I like the 18 & 20k look in the morning and evening and the 10 & 12k while I'm at work during the afternoon for growth so I use artifical mode. I do like that you choose the percentage of chance for thunderstorms and lighting. I have my set to 60%.

Back