New Tank Uglies just starting

TheBigDrewsky

BRS Member
Hello

RS Reefer S 550 G2+ (105g display) - been up and running 3+ weeks - and noted today the start of some brownish / maybe (?) greenish algae on rock work - all CaribSea Life Rock - both purple and white - caribsea live sand - fish less cycle then added 2 clowns after cycle - params are fairly decent except for pH which can’t get above 7.6 but started skimming yesterday - currently at 15% power, just added Chaeto today - going to try to introduce outside air in the next few days - oh and I also added a very small CUC today of 5 bumblebee, 5 nassarious, and 5 Asterina snails.

Added AlgaeBarn Galaxy Pods after cycle was over - phyto daily

2 gal water change daily - NO4 is 8 and PO4 is 0.25. Nitrites 0 and Ammonia 0.

Sceeenshot of apex params (double checked and within reason by Hannah). Lighting schedule also attached.

So it’s been a long time and my copy of the Conscientous Aquarist is on the way - thoughts about just keeping things the way they are? Should I go completely dark? Add more pods?

I have watched a few vids on YouTube but try to stay away from BRS but there is precious little of anything else I can find -

Also attaching photo of whites on so I can get a decent picture of tank - then back to the acclimation light cycle - :)

TIA for your thoughts - wish I knew how to take pics with my iPhone 14 - ugh

Attachments

• IMG_1934.png
    IMG_1934.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1935.png
    IMG_1935.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1937.jpeg
    IMG_1937.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1938.jpeg
    IMG_1938.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1939.jpeg
    IMG_1939.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Welcome to the ugly stage, just keep the course and it will be over in time. Since you don’t have any coral you can reduce your light schedule which will help. Good luck

Back