New to Macro.

ryancanulla

Non-member
Just got a lens. Hope you like!

IMG_3680.jpg

IMG_3685.jpg

looks good! I think the 2nd picture would look better if the foreground was in sharp focus as well though.

looks good! I think the 2nd picture would look better if the foreground was in sharp focus as well though.

i was just going to say the same thing.

what lens and camera are you using?

i want a macro lens.... maybe thats what ill buy my self for Christmas this year

i think it was a simple autofocusing thing. The camera auto focused (assuming you used AF) on the middle of the coral, and the bright aperture blurred both the foreground and background. I think if you could selectively focus on the foreground instead of the background, and possibly go down a stop in aperture then the result might be a bit better..

That's just my understanding of all of it though.. i'm not a photographer.. lol.

Great pics!!!

I'm using a Cannon Digital Rebel with a 60mm macro lens (esf).

If you don't mind me asking do you have a link to the exact lens? I just bought a Canon Rebel DSLR and we're already fed up with the 15/55 mm lense :rolleyes: and looking at a macro lense...

Great pics!!!

If you don't mind me asking do you have a link to the exact lens? I just bought a Canon Rebel DSLR and we're already fed up with the 15/55 mm lense :rolleyes: and looking at a macro lense...

That kit lens is a piece of work.

I would go for the Canon 100mm f/2.8 lens if you want to shoot macros of your tank. Don't bother with the IS lens it won't gain anything over a tripod anyways, even without a tripod it is a minimal gain.

Although if you are looking for a little more versatile lens then go for the Canon 60mm f/2.8

I would go for the Canon 100mm f/2.8 lens if you want to shoot macros of your tank. Don't bother with the IS lens it won't gain anything over a tripod anyways, even without a tripod it is a minimal gain.

Although if you are looking for a little more versatile lens then go for the Canon 60mm f/2.8

I have the 60, it is nice, but if I could go back, I would go with the 100. If you're going to get a lens specifically for macro, you may as well go 100 (especially if you already have the kit lens), you can always back up, but the glass only lets you get so close. ;)

These are just my thoughts after owning a 60mm for some time.

I have the 60, it is nice, but if I could go back, I would go with the 100. If you're going to get a lens specifically for macro, you may as well go 100 (especially if you already have the kit lens), you can always back up, but the glass only lets you get so close. ;)

These are just my thoughts after owning a 60mm for some time.

After much much much much debate between a Nikon d5000 or a canon t1i I went with the canon and thank you both for the recommendation. I picked up the 100mm as well. Newegg has a deal -$60 discount on the tripod pack when u purchase the t1i, includes bags, cleaning tools, lense caps , etc. Very nice buy imho. I can't wait to take my monthly pics with it :). Now the long wait for it to arrive :(

Back