New to saltwater

littlefish09

2012 BOD
Hello everyone im new to saltwater and im looking for advice. i will be setting up my first salt tank soon and have been looking for ideas on what size is good to start with. i was thinking 55 to 75 but wasnt sure.

If it's between 55 and 75 go 75 in a heart beat... 55's are horrible (I know I have one)

And the other advice is take it sllllooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww... The more patient you are the better your tank will be in the long run...

I would go with the biggest tank you can, but i would think about more then just what you can afford also think about the maintenance of the tank. the bigger the tank the bigger the water change you will need to do the more dosing ect, bigger tanks are also more work, even if they are easier to keep your parameters in check.

And like afdoundguy said 55 are really not that good and take your time, like i am sure you have read before nothing good comes fast in this hobby. And have fun, things can go really wrong fast so don’t let this hobby get the better of you.

the 55 is too narrow. I went from a 20 to a 125 in 6 weeks. I kept having to buy new equiptment for the upgrades. Go as big as you can afford

Back