Overflows

mano1192

Desert reefin!
I am about to make a sump and need to buy a overflow device but would like some input as to which brand would be best. I have been looking at the CPR ones that say they are "self-Prime" which is key for me as I cant afford to overflow my tank... especially cause my landlord would be pissed!! Do they really re-prime themselves during like power outages and things of that nature?? Thanks in advance for the advice! :D

Hey,
I got one for my 29 gallon tank, it drain into my sump down stairs. The vacuum pump work great, it very quiet. Please make sure the power plug on the vacuum pump and the return pump are together. Therefore, if you loose power they both go on at same time. I made a mistake once; I had it separate power, when put the return pump back on, the vacuum pump created a vacuum lock. Just let say I am glad I stood there when it came on. My vacuum pump and the return pump are plug into my Tsunami wave box, so when I feed the tank I press the button and shut off both at same time. So far, no problem, it been running like that for over nine to ten month. And still going and going and going?.. :D

marineland's sos surface skimmer.two overflows one as a backup.3 months so far no problem yet.oops! no jinx

Back