petco's with frag tanks

mannix

Non-member
Just wanted to see if we could get a list of witch petcos have dedicated frag tanks with good lights?

Danvers petco on 114.

There's a guy in the Needham store thats pretty good. He takes really good care of the tanks and knows what he's doing; Its not a large store though so its pretty limited on what they have on hand at any given time. There's a tank I would guess about 40 gal thats pretty well stocked with coral most of the time.

Shrewsbury and Auburn, MA. both have frag tanks. Forgive my noobishness as I can't state whether they have good lighting or not.

Some of them have tanks seperate from there main system witn high powered lights over them that's what I was talking about.

I think they all have t-5. It looks like the frag tanks are standard issue for these Petcos.

I see alot still having them in the main system under iffy lights like woburn and peabody. Danvers got a sweet setup. I think they are piloting vor a new setup or something.

I think it is Petco's plan to replace all LFS. Even competes with liveaquaria.com.
But the quality is not there yet. The people I talked to in two Petco know their stuff. at least, they are better than most LFS within 495 belt way but not close to Skipton.

I see alot still having them in the main system under iffy lights like woburn and peabody. Danvers got a sweet setup. I think they are piloting vor a new setup or something.

the one in woburn actually have t5 for their frags

The lights looked weak but I was juts looking at output not the actual fixture and we all know how misleading that can be. The seperate frags tanks are cool and I agree they are trying to own the lfs market and just not getting there.

The one in nashua is hit or miss..I've been there some days and it looks great other days not so much.it is seperate from their main tanks though

Back