Please help! My Zoa's are disappearing!

So just spent about two hours with my tank. Tests for ammonia salinity and nitrates all showed fine. My all was really low, maybe 1-1 1/2 meq/L. My new sw batch came out to 2meq/L and I did a 25% water change. I looks Dover all my zoa colonies and didn't find any pests. I also removed the carbon I was running.

I'm stumped...

that's kinda low for alk...1.5meq is approx 4.2dkh....even 2 is lower than I would keep it. I would think the swings are causing some issues...you need to bring it up to about 3meq (around 8dkh) and stabilize it using either kalwasser dose or 2 part. I would test daily for a week and see what the change is so you know your consumption

that's kinda low for alk...1.5meq is approx 4.2dkh....even 2 is lower than I would keep it. I would think the swings are causing some issues...you need to bring it up to about 3meq (around 8dkh) and stabilize it using either kalwasser dose or 2 part. I would test daily for a week and see what the change is so you know your consumption

Agreed, thanks for the input. I wonder why Reef Crystals doesn't raise the alk levels in their mix...

Back