quick water change help

skatezen

If you pick it, Flick it!
Ok here's the deal. I've been really bad with water changes and I would like to figure out a way that would make them quick and painless. My current setup is a 46 gallon with a 10 gallon sump, lets call it 50 gallons. I have a 5 gallon bucket next to my tank with a powerhead in it triggered by a float switch in the sump to pump RODI water in to the tank. So far it has been ok. I want my RODI so that it will continuously makes water to fill a reservoir either in the basement and pump it up 2 floors or find somewhere else on my floor to store the water. I live on the second floor of a 2 family home, with a basement. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for an easy water change solution something like opening a couple of valves and taking 10 gallons out and putting ten gallons in. I have space next to my tank maybe to build a stand to hold 3 10 gallon tanks. I'd make 1 a fuge, 1 my RODI reservoir, and the other new clean saltwater for water changes. Can anyone think of a better solution than manually carrying any siphoning water?
TIA
Jeff

I turn off my return pump. I hook up a hose to a powerhead and just drop it in the sump. Fill the bucket...done. I drop the same powerhead and hose in the bucket of NSW and fill the sump back up and turn on the return pump to tank. Done. No more than 10-15min.

But then I usually clean skimmer, check the hoses......

Back