really really beginner questions

skotty52

Non-member
I'm new to Boston Reefers and to the whole idea of buying and selling things through a forum.

I have two questions:

1. what do PM and BUMP mean?

2. If I want to make an offer on something, which button do I click eg reply or send a private message to seller - this more about using proper protocol

Finally, maybe there ought to be something on the forum somewhere for complete idiots like myself who haven't done this at all before that takes them through the "what to do" process for buying and selling, particularly how not to offend people

Newbie myself one thing I learned out here is that you don't offend anybody out here, really great people always looking to help you out!!!

And there is never is a stupid question!!!!

I'm new to Boston Reefers and to the whole idea of buying and selling things through a forum.

I have two questions:

1. what do PM and BUMP mean?

2. If I want to make an offer on something, which button do I click eg reply or send a private message to seller - this more about using proper protocol

Finally, maybe there ought to be something on the forum somewhere for complete idiots like myself who haven't done this at all before that takes them through the "what to do" process for buying and selling, particularly how not to offend people

This might help you!!!
http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=80964

PM = Private Message
Bump = A way to bring thread "back to the top" as there is a new post in it.

When "making an offer" on something it is probably best to send a PM & post within the thread that sent one.

You can send a PM quickly by clicking on the members screen name and selecting send PM from the drop down list.

thanks to all of you and I am member, have been for a couple of years just never bought any stuff online before

Thanks again happy to participate

Welcome... Def don't hesitate with questions... I still ask questions even if I think they're stupid (and most of them prob are :rolleyes:)

don't you have to be a member to pm????

Non paying members get 100 pm's while paying members get 500 pm's

just to add to that incase of any confusion non paid members get a max of 100 pms in their inbox and a paid member gets 500 ;)

Welcome... Def don't hesitate with questions... I still ask questions even if I think they're stupid (and most of them prob are :rolleyes:)

Non paying members get 100 pm's while paying members get 500 pm's

Back