Red Sea ABCD elements

GobyWanKenobie

BRS Member
I did something dumb and bought the Red Sea ABCD elements because it said it was based on calcium usage. I was expecting it to be based on a range of 400 to 500 ppm, not on the dosage amount of Red Sea calcium. I don't use Red Sea calcium. I use ESV A and B. Is there a way for me to still use it? I think my ESV calcium is about 12 ml a day.

I did something dumb and bought the Red Sea ABCD elements because it said it was based on calcium usage. I was expecting it to be based on a range of 400 to 500 ppm, not on the dosage amount of Red Sea calcium. I don't use Red Sea calcium. I use ESV A and B. Is there a way for me to still use it? I think my ESV calcium is about 12 ml a day.
They have a little brochure with it I don’t remember exact numbers off the top of my head. But in there it says about dosage by calcium usage in ppm, meaning how much calcium the tank consumes in ppm then apply their ratio and dose said trace elements. I hope that makes sense hard to follow reading that back. If I find the reading I’ll make a new post.

Thanks for the reply. The dosage chart says 1 ml for every 10 ml of Red Sea calcium that is dosed. My problem is that 10 ml of Red Sea is not the same as 10 ml of ESV part B.

Bulk Reef Supply has a calcium converter, but it doesn't have Red Sea calcium on it. I think ESV is more potent, but I don't know if I should risk guessing the dosage.

IMG_7074.jpeg

This is the reading in the booklet I have for dosing by calcium usage. So you can figure out how much your esv raises your calcium per dose then figure out your trace doses from there.

Bulk Reef Supply suggested I contact both Red Sea and ESV to figure out the concentrations in both products. It's more work than I need in my life right now. I'm hoping I can just return the box, but I haven't heard back yet.

In the past, I always used Julian Sprung's reef elements. I think I'm going back to that if I can find it.

Back