refugium plumbing adhesive

catera

Non-member
do you cement all the pieces together. i have the megaflow kit in my 92 corner. do i just seal the pieces of pvc and not the slip barbson the bottom coming from the bulkheads???

I'm not sure if I understand the question correctly, but here it goes anyway:

1) for the pieces in the megaflow kit, although they tell you in the instructions not to glue together any of the pieces that are inside the overflow, I've found that water pressure (namely when you start the return pump) will force the pieces apart if they're just pressed into one another... so I decided to glue the whole return pipe together (and then to the bulkhead), and I also glued the very bottom piece of the drain pipe to the bulkhead;

2) regarding the underside of the bulkheads, you will need to glue any fittings (the hose barb adapter, if you're using hose) to the bulkheads, or you will have leaks (or a bigger disaster) sooner or later.

Hope this helps.

Nuno

nuno thanks yeah all the pipes will be going to refugium with a mag7 return. this helps me thanks

the only thing i glued on my 92 corner was the hose barbs under the bulk heads... i tried pipe tape but that wasnt working...

Btw, the Mag7 sounds like a good choice in terms of flow... I'm using a Mag9.5 myself and have to throttle it back a bit, it's too much flow for the overflow.

Nuno

Back