Sick clown fish - help please

Banks

Non-member
My female clown developed this sore on its mouth a couple of days ago. Anyone have any idea what it is. Sorry about the bad photos it's the best I could do with the camera I have.

A little background:
I have a had my aquarium for 2 months now; it is a 40 gallon with live sand and a good amount of live rock, no sump yet. It shares the tank with another (male) clown fish and a yellow tang. There was a lawnmower blenny but he disapeared a couple of weeks ago, i seached quite exhaustivly even pulling out all the rock to find him but to no avail. I also have 5 hermit crabs and turbo snails each.

I do 10% water changes every week and have coraline algea growing on my rock and tank walls.

My water parameters are:
Amonia - 0
Nitrites - .05 ppm
Nitrates - 30 ppm
PH - 8.0
Salinity - 1.023

That's everything I can think of...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Steve

Attachments

• Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,271
  • Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 740
Can't really tell but looks like a fungus. Get some Mardel medication and they have a lot of choices for medication and get something that does fungus infections. Inside there is a pretty good chart to help figure out what she has.

I have a small tank (10 gal) I am using as my quarenten in this instance which has a new ricordia and lps that I was quarenteening before introducing into my larger tank (40 gal).

The pimafix and melefix is supposed to be reef safe. Just make sure the medications say reef safe

Back