Smaller silverslides

jasonrusso

Non-member
Anyone know where I can get smaller silverslides? The Sally's are always too big.

I think the Ocean Nutrition brand had smaller ones, but I don't know where to get them.

If you are near any harbor, there are TONS around for the next few weeks, many sizes to choose from. Collecting is easy with a small minnow Seine, and they are cheap. Rinse and hang over fence to dry, store away from mice and you have an awesome tool for rest of your life. If you do this along Buzzards Bay or south of Cape you may snag a tropical visitor you may want to keep, like Atlantic butterflies or a small flying gurnard. Seahorses and pipefish (local). This is not illegal. It is allowed. A Seine about 20’ long and 8’ deep is all you need. Bigger ones are not necessary. The bottom need not be heavily weighted. Just drag near the shore and walk it dry onto the beach, unfold and collect the catch you want, throw the rest back alive. Calmer waters are best, near marsh creeks. Edges of seagrass beds have those visitors sometimes.

Back