SPS Warfare Advice

chadfish

BRS Member
My Green Slimer is growing into my Birdsnest. Is it better to let them figure it out themselves or to intervene and frag as necessary?

I’m afraid if I start intervening, it will never end.

A. Let it play out, one will eventually take over. If they are touching they won't live happily ever after.

B. Bonsai the scape to keep them both, yes it will probably never end

C. Move one of them out of the tank or to a different area

A. Let it play out, one will eventually take over. If they are touching they won't live happily ever after.

B. Bonsai the scape to keep them both, yes it will probably never end

C. Move one of them out of the tank or to a different area
So they will keep fighting until one dies? I had this idea that they develop boundaries and then stick to them - more like trees. I guess that's just a fantasy. I'll get fragging then.

Usually only the spot where they touch is a problem. I let plenty of SPS touch. On a rare occasion if an infection starts at a touching spot it may move across the coral and the entire colony dies. This is very rare and is more likely a problem with the health of the coral (and potentially something wrong with the tank).

you're much more likely to witness chemical warfare between LPS, not nearly as much between SPS

Usually only the spot where they touch is a problem. I let plenty of SPS touch. On a rare occasion if an infection starts at a touching spot it may move across the coral and the entire colony dies. This is very rare and is more likely a problem with the health of the coral (and potentially something wrong with the tank).
Thanks

Back