Sun Polyps (Tubastrea)

tucc185

Non-member
I got a gorgeous piece of Sun Polyps (Tubastrea) from living Sea yesterday. I've read up on them, they seem easy enough to keep. I have them in the shade, been feeding them every night, and they're extended during feeding and when the lights go off. I'd just like some feedback, tips, advice from anyone who's kept these before. Also, do they grow/reproduce easily? How important is water movement? One book said high water movement, the other didn't mention it. I don't have it in a high-motion spot right now, but I am making a surge device that will probably affect its spot. Thanks,
Mike

They like a little flow & yes they will reproduce!! If you can locate them in an area in the tank where food tends to accumilate when feeding the fish. (as long as there is shade in that area & flow) You won't have to feed them manually. I never feed mine after moving them to a new location just before they completely died off due to me slacking on feeding them. I think I had one polyp left from a colony of about 60 polyps. Now there is about 20 to 30 or so polyps & they keep multiplying & I haven't feed them in over a year.

Aquaman_68 said:
They like a little flow & yes they will reproduce!! If you can locate them in an area in the tank where food tends to accumilate when feeding the fish. (as long as there is shade in that area & flow) You won't have to feed them manually. I never feed mine after moving them to a new location just before they completely died off due to me slacking on feeding them. I think I had one polyp left from a colony of about 60 polyps. Now there is about 20 to 30 or so polyps & they keep multiplying & I haven't feed them in over a year.

I'm a witness.

Back