SUPER URGENT heater broke in tank

afrankiewicz12

Non-member
k so this morning while i was out my heater broke in half in tank plugged in which broke my skimer. currently fish are fine and soft corals all look stressed. LPS and SPS look bad im doing a WC what else should i do and im running carbon.

Water change, 100% water change. Was the heater on?

That stinks man but it sounds like you r doing everything u can. How did it break your skimmer?

your fish should be fine, it's more the corals from copper exposure i'd be worried about. I had a heater break and stay on in the tank burning copper into the tank for at least a few days...fish were fine but killed almost ALL coral. If you have any sps especially take them out and put them into a different tank with new water until it's safe.

Sorry to hear about the crappy situation.

Let me know if you need to borrow tanks to put your corals in qt or healing tanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

k so i changed out as much water as i could my expensive and precious corals are at dongs and the rest of my corals are downstairs in a dry frag tank turned hospital. tomorrow im getting some of the stuff that takes everything out of your water, i dont know what its called but i saw it at tropic isle, takes even copper out. but my Zoas that i cant take out ( only a few) seem to be opening.

poly filter, that is what they called, Carbon works just the same.

Also good to hear that the heater did not contain Cu.

Back