The correct glue?

Zirky

Non-member
Does anyone have a recommendation on which glue to use to bond dry rock to damp live rock
77F221B0-CA9C-4623-ABF6-0C023A3910F1.jpeg

Thanks I’ll check out his build. You guy got me thinking about the epoxy so I’m gonna put some two little fishies in a few spots

Thanks I’ll check out his build. You guy got me thinking about the epoxy so I’m gonna put some two little fishies in a few spots
@cablez will be more than happy to assist. Hit him up via pm. I’m planning to follow suite soon. Just haven’t had the time to look into and get this build going lol

I use the dollar tree gel super glue....and the liquid glu also.....the liquid glue is good for when you got a piece already kinda glued and bonded, and you pack more baking soda into the joint.....squirt the liquid glu on it to keep it in place....hardens it :D......

Check out some of my previous posts I went over in detail, but essentially baking soda chemically bonds the super glu.....gives you 15-20 seonds play time to adjust and set the piece where you want, tyhen bonds tight. You can also glue, and reinforce....since bi-carb/baking soda is reef safe, I have tried this with live rocks from my reef....wet...and still worked. Though admittedly not as well as dry. Glue on both sides of the piece you want to attatch, and livberally sprinkle, coat, toss, stuff the baking soda onto the glue, once bonded you can even make more filler with baking soda and more glue....packing it up.....it takes the place of like reef cement because it can be molded and what not....I suggest clay moulding tools, maybe some gloves...deffo some gloves...and goo gone.....goo gone removes the glue hella fast from your fingers :p and table...happy wife happy life and all that

Thanx I’ll try that. The e Marco is to slow for my impatience and the epoxy puddy isn’t ideal for damp rock.

Thanx I’ll try that. The e Marco is to slow for my impatience and the epoxy puddy isn’t ideal for damp rock.
I use aquastick putty and brs glue. Basically (small rock)-glue-epoxy-glue-(large rock). Epoxy sometimes doesn’t stick well underwater or to damp surfaces so the glue helps. If you’re attaching larger rocks, I’d recommend adding some acrylic dowels to hold things in place. You should be able to hollow out the rock for the acrylic rod using a dremel or drill.

yea man check it out there is a thread I made about this, and one of the Chris's on this forum used same method too...has photos and a better explanation than me :D:D:D:D. This is a trick used by model makers, and model railroad makers. I use it in another hobby, for attaching crystals to ring bands......I KNOW the strength of these things...I have drop tested the bond an hour after attaching a stone. I stood on a ladder that was 8 foot, I am 5'6, and I was on a 8 foor deck, dropped ontop pavement....thrown onto it from that height, and the rock held the bond :D:D:D

Back