The FishNosh auto feeder

Joe Rice

Staff member
BRS Member
I recently bought this feeder in my never-ending quest to find the perfect feeder. It's not perfect but it's pretty darn good, especially compared to the Eheim feeder that so many people use.

1704306501583.png

Here's why I like it:
  • It's WAY, WAY, WAY easier to program than the Eheim. On the Eheim, there's a single time displayed with a few tiny mode indicators that appear as you cycle through the various times when programming. On the FishNosh you can see the current time and all three feeding times at a glance. Cycling through them and setting them is simple. You even have up AND down buttons so that if you go a bit too far when setting a time, for instance, you don't have to cycle all the way around again. With the Eheim I always had to break out the manual to remember how to program it. With the FishNosh I don't.

• The FishNosh has an ON/OFF button. That may seem like a small thing but it's actually important, if you only use the auto feeder when you're on vacation, since you'll want to turn it off when not using it. The only way to do that with the Eheim is to remove the batteries which erases the programming. This, of course, is all the more irritating because it's such a pain to set the program on Eheim.

• The FishNosh has a battery level indicator.

• The mounting bracket on the FishNosh doesn't interfere with replacing the batteries like it does on the Eheim. With the mounting bracket attached to the Eheim you have to find a screwdriver to remove it before you can remove the batteries.
I've had my first one for about a year of intermittent use, so I can't speak to its long-term reliability but so far it's working like a champ.

I have the Eheim. Everything you mentioned is a great point. I also like the swivel on this one, it can be hard to position the eheim how I want it while maintaining a cover on the tank.

Back