Took the dosing plunge

kl3377

Non-member
After too many years in this hobby without, I finally took the doser plunge. I have spent the last week manual dosing and testing daily to determine usage. I am dispensing in to solo cups tonight to make sure something is not off. My biggest fear is a failure that overdoses my tank and kills everything which is why I chose a Bubble Magus. Keeping my fingers crossed.
BM Doser.jpg

Good luck! One of the best things I ever did was automate dosing. Made it much easier to enjoy the tank and less work!

I jumped into dosing and did the same thing as you calculated my dose set it up to dose what I thought was right and ended up with calcium level of 505. 1 piece of advice I’d give anyone starting to dose is estimate low. I’m not a pro by any means but you can add more can’t take it back once it’s in the tank

I am currently collecting in a separate cup to make sure it is dispensing accurately. Looks like the Calcium is under dispensing (material is thick) and I may need to adjust up. Alk is dead on.
I will continue to test daily for the next week and take it slow. Waited over 20 years for a Doser no need to rush now.

Back