Tough spot, need help in Plymouth - who can take some free corals?

rschroeter

Reef Keeper Heavy
I started with a 28 gallon tank about 7-8 years ago. For the past few years, I wanted to upgrade to a 120. I had the space, and planned it all out. As I neared completion of the plan to setup and transfer (only needed a light fixture!), I realized more and more what commitment it would be to do it right. I know it's easy to do things poorly - and didn't want to fall in to that trap.

Fast forward - and I'm still interested in doing the 120, but I know that right now- with a busy lifestyle and not a ton of extra $$, I need to finish taking down the 28 gallon - and take a break before going into the 120. I want to plumb a wet room (have the room, and a wall between it and the living room) so the long term plan is still there. To do it right, I will need more time and money.

For now I'm putting that on hold, and selling any of the gear I got in preparation for building the 120.

Here's where this post comes into play. I'm down to having only about a handful of corals (nothing special) and some aren't in 'retail' shape. I can't really sell these honestly. On the flip side, they are by no means junk or dying or anything- they just need a little TLC and will be a great addition to a healthy system.

Instead of selling them, I was wondering if anyone near Plymouth would be willing to take them for free. The only thing I ask, is for some help down the road when I go to build a 120. I don't expect to tally it up and hold you to the fire in 2-4 6 years down the road. Not what I mean at all. If this seems like something you're interested in - let me know.

I have the whole 28 gallon setup for sale, and was offering the live stock free to anyone purchasing, but at this point - i don't want to keep a whole tank going for a few coral. Rather get them in a good home!

I have read 'getting out' posts before, and I'm dreading being there -but I look at it, as a break before going to the dream setup.

once you got the bug , ..... you got the bug . I am currently filling up my "reef Room " a couple snags along the way but all in all going well , and yours can too . but plan well , be sure you get what you want from it . and don't hold back . If you do in the end you won't be happy .

I might be able to make it out there next week sometime. I would like to know what kind of corals you have before I make the trip from the Cape. Can you post any pics?

Sorry, I should have mentioned

I have these:
One little leather coral, some large polyps on a rock, some candy cane (8 heads) some hammer head (5-6 heads), green zoas, orange zoas.

Nothing too crazy - no colonies or anything, just some small pieces. I just didn't feel comfortable trying to sell, and they would do perfectly fine in a good system, so in between. :)

I would need to get new pictures - the ones I have are horrible.

Back