Trouble with M. Undata

RayD

The Chicago Experience!
Original frag purchased about 6 months ago. It did awesome for the longest time then it started to pale out and eventually the polyps went away. I thought it was a gonner for sure. Seemed like an easy enough coral to keep.

A couple weeks ago I relocated it in case something was bothering it. Now the polyps are coming back but the color remains very very pale. The strange part is it continues to grow and has gotten a little bigger since this all started.

Too much light maybe? I don't know.

Here's a couple pics for reference ...

Before:

PICT0022.jpg

And now:

PICT0265.jpg

It had NO polyps at all a week ago. Think it will come back? :(

Looks a little pale to me but not bad. Mine loved all the light it could get, it was up pretty high and under a 400 Ushio 14K, just kept on growing and the polyps were always out. I think yours looks pretty good though I would think it would keep coming back for you.......best of luck!

Ray, looks like it needs more light to me. The polyps looks too extended. I had mine go pale like that before and moved it to more light and flow. Just from my experience.

Thanks Peter. I'll start moving it up slowly tomorrow. I thought Undata was a medium light/flow coral. Guess I was mistaken.

rc_Ray%20D_sig.png

Thanks Peter. I'll start moving it up slowly tomorrow. I thought Undata was a medium light/flow coral. Guess I was mistaken.

rc_Ray%20D_sig.png

Yes, you are correct. I have mine right in the middle of the tank. But from the look of the polyps it looks like they need more light. Also once they settle in the outer rim will be a bit purple.

Thanks Liam. I'll look at that.

Back