Tumbling Chaeto in Red Sea sump drain section

Arsalan

____LifeLongLearner____ BRS BoD
Officer
BRS Member
what’s good
I want to know if anyone has tried to tumble / turn chaeto in the section of the factory red sea sump that the drain plumbing pours into. the thought is to put a 90° elbow pvc connector at the end of the drain pipe and use the drain flow to tumble the chaeto. I’m curious if that’d be enough flow.

i really don’t want to add another pump or plumbing so hoping this would be a clean and simple solution.

tia!

Last edited:
what’s good
I want to know if anyone has tried to tumble / turn chaeto in the section of the factory red sea sump that the drain plumbing pours into. the thought is to put a 90° elbow pvc connector at the end of the drain pipe and use the drain flow to tumble the chaeto. I’m curious if that’d be enough flow.

i really don’t want to add another pump or plumbing so hoping this would be a clean and simple solution.

tia!
Sounds as if it would help potentially. I don't tumble anything and it grows like wild fire.

Yup agree with Biggie, if you have flow going through it, it’ll grow. Tumbling is just a result of flow when the clump is small enough to actually tumble

I have some in my RS sump and it barely grows but its there...its tough to get light in the small area and plumbing and ATO. IM hoping that when I get the new redsea ATO+ and be doen with this garbage float top off that the light will be closer and cheato will grow more

Back