Tunze ATO vs Nano

22engine

Non-member
Setting up a 45 gallon cube Instead of my breeder. Want to do some ordering this weekend after a few sales.

Does anyone have the osmolator nano? Don't know if I should go with it or the regular one. I can order all three things I want for the tank including the reef keeper lite but don't want to skimp if the nano is no good. Any advice I appreciate

The Tunze Osmolator nano (model 3152) uses a single float switch for its water level sensor; In comparison, the standard Osmolator (model 3155) uses an IR sensor with a float switch backup.
The reason Nano is cheaper because it no longer use the IR, which is the expensive part.
But the IR is what set Tunze apart from competitors because float switch is less sensitive and easy to fail.
IMO, I will go with the regular Tunze ATO with IR sensor.

That what I was thinking. The RKL will just have to wait till next order then. Unless someone out there wants a nice three headed purple torch with yellow tips and has a RKL Laying around. I was leaning that way due to the IR sensor. Seems they got rid of that and then just put a 5 min max run time.

I have the Tunze 3155 for years until about two years ago, I got the Profilux. The Tunze never fail me. This Profilux optical sensor, I had to clean it twice because it won't read the water level. If I have to, I will put the Tunze back. It's one of the most reliable piece of reef equipment.

Back