Tunze nano for 30g cube??

Puffer

I have been trying to increase turbulent flow to my Oceanic 30g cube. I tried using powerheads but it is quite bulky and the stream is too one directional.

I wonder if anyone have used the Tunze nano before in a 30g cube before?

And can I use it with the wavemaker that I have?

I have 2 6025s in my FInnex 30g tank. They have a great flow pattern, are easily aimed, and come with great customer service. You can only use them on a timer if the on-off period is 15 minutes or greater (ie. 15 on 15 off). They seemingly always start in reverse and then correct themselves, so with more frequent on-off it would be problematic and destroy the prop. I am thinking of going to a single 6055 on the Tunze controller and keeping one 6025 to break up the flow a bit. I really really like them and have used seios and maximods in the past (albeit in a bigger tank). my 2 cents...

"You can only use them on a timer if the on-off period is 15 minutes or greater "

Thats basically the same as "can't be used on a timer." If theyre making you wait 15m, that means theres damage being done to the pump, and they think longer intervals will allow the pump to survive long enough that you dont get angry about losing the pump.

I'm REALLY not a fan of Tunze pumps. I dont have nanostreams, but have had streams. I think the props are set way too far back, and as such, lead to too narrow of an output cone. Good maximods, or the Koralias, or even Vortechs dont seem to have this problem.

...You can only use them on a timer if the on-off period is 15 minutes or greater (ie. 15 on 15 off)....

That means I can't use them with my wavemaker, am I right?

I'm REALLY not a fan of Tunze pumps. I dont have nanostreams, but have had streams. I think the props are set way too far back, and as such, lead to too narrow of an output cone. Good maximods, or the Koralias, or even Vortechs dont seem to have this problem.

Is maximod bigger than the tunze 6025? I really want it to be small for the 30g.

Do you know which place sells reasonably priced - maximod, koralias, seios or vortechs?

What wavemaker do you have?
You know Koralias and Seios cant be run on wavemakers either...(unless you buy the seio controller)

for the maximod..I suggest oceanflo, might want to check them out. My oceanflo1200 was a bit longer than the nanostream.

Obviously everyone has different opinions on equiptment, but FWIW I like the nanostreams for size and aiming ability in a small tank. They do have some quirks but Roger at Tunze always responds to me within 24 hours with a solution to any problem. I do not believe they will work with the wavemaster, I have mine on a Neptune controller. I agree that the 15min thing is kind of silly, and basically the pump will probably burn out in a few years using it like that. As RichConley said, its just a matter of keeping the pump going long enough that the consumer feels they get their money's worth. Roger has in fact stated that numerous times on RC...regardless they have a 2 year warranty. Maybe wait until mid April when the 6055 hits shelves and see if you like that more (same size, same mount, fully controllable with the Tunze controller from 250-1500gph).

I have a Tunze nano in my 37 G cube and koralia 1 - for some reason my Tunze is louder - maybe because the little lip broke off when I tried to put it in the magnet holder so I superglued it on. Anyway I am getting another Koralia, I think I may need more umph - so I might try a 2.

Back