Tunze Nano Wavebox location

Frag Freaks

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
So I just ordered myself a late christmas present. I always wanted a wavebox in my tank and used some of the extra cash I had left over from the holidays to buy a wavebox.

I have a few questions regarding location. In a 65g (36Lx18wx24H) tank where would be the best position for the the wavebox? I was thinking in the far right corner facing towards the front of the tank.

Also will this be sufficient enough flow for my whole tank or do I still need to use a powerhead or two for additional flow?

Thanks,
Robby

It is not enough flow as you need to have lateral flow. The lateral flow moves everything it keeps into the water column.

Generally the best place for it is, side of the tank in the middle of the glass, pointing down the longest length of the tank. The fewer obstructions the better.

It is not enough flow as you need to have lateral flow. The lateral flow moves everything it keeps into the water column.

Generally the best place for it is, side of the tank in the middle of the glass, pointing down the longest length of the tank. The fewer obstructions the better.

What if I kept my maxijet jet 1200 with mod plus the wavemaker, would that be enough flow?

If so where would be the best placement for the the maxijet?

Back