Two little fishes

buffalobill

Non-member
I was just wondering how much phosban people put in them. Also how long until you take it out. I think I waited to long to put new phosban in and don't think I put enough because my phosphates are real high. Any advice would be appreciated. The phosban I'm using is a black powdery substance not sure the exact name of it. I looked online for the directions on how much phosban to use and it didn't say.
Thanks
Kevin

What size tank are you running it on? Is the media GFO(granulated feric oxide) or a phosphate sponge of some type(either a mixture of GFO and aluminum oxide or aluminum oxide)? The rate at which GFO is exhausted depends on how large of bio-lad you have and how high your phosphates are reading. What is real high? I change mine out when my Po4 readings are able to be detected by my test kit. This time frame is different for everyone and can also change if you overfeed, add to your bio-load, etc..

Depending on the type of media will also determine how much is needed and how quickly it will need replacing.

Back