What an awesome fish-Blue Striped Tamarin Wrasse

clamm

Nothing to nobody
What a very neat fish. I?m considering setting up another tank just to have one of these guys. Absolutely beautiful.

Seems that Jeremy Beat me to it.

Very cool looking fish. May be difficult to keep though.

Currently listed as a 5, or "requirements Unknown", on the AMDA list.

http://www.amdareef.com/

(for reference, leopard wrasses are listed as a 4-5 class

and is listed by Tullock as a species that should not be imported.

But, it does look very similar in pattern to my melanarus

Don't trust the looks.. the genus Anampses is extremely difficult.. I don't know anyone personally with long term success.. a super well established reef tank with tons of bugs would be a requirement. I'm 0% with them.

Good point Jeremy

Just to clarify,

My comment on looks was not to imply that because they look alike, the blue-stripe could be a good choice. Based on all of the info out there, it appears to be unfit for our tanks. My intention was to introduce another option, with similar looks, that we know has a better chance of survival.

JD

Nothing looks quite like a Blue-tail Tammarin Wrasse.
They are a beautiful Wrasse, that is very hard to keep. I have tried 3 seperate times with no luck. So I am done bringing that fish in. Females are gorgeous (which is what Live Aquaria has pictured) Males are quite different looking, still very nice.
As Jeremy said most of the Anampses sp of Wrasse are very difficult to keep in captivity. and should probably be left in the ocean. :)

Back