Where to get some Rotifers ?

natehat

Heading West
So our percs just laid eggs again yesterday evening (we actually got to see them laying)... Have a rearing 10Gallon all set up following instructions from a RC thread and that nice clownfish book, but no time to start a healthy rotifer culture before they hatch.

anyway i was wondering where the best place was to get _good_ rotifers for this batch? will be gearing up to culture rotifers in the future, but for now just want to buy them. Anyone have any good experiences from mail order or is there an off chance that any local shop carries these?

that would be ideal :) didn't think many lfs would have any... and the shipping is killer from these online sites

Greg- thanks, i would totally love a culture of rotifers... i am not geared up to culture them myself at the moment (hopefully in the next couple weeks will get it setup... trying to drink lots of soda in clear 2L bottles now). sent you a pm-

would also be very interested if anyone could spare a little time to show off their micro-organism culturing setups / or any advice on how to best do it.

Back